I have been nominated by the lovely Lili over at Lili’s Blissful Pages and I’m so sorry it’s taken me a while to complete this award and post it, I didn’t realise February was going to be a busy month (and we haven’t even reached half way through the month yet)! Thank you again to Lili for nominating me for this wonderful award!
Once you are nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, if you wish to accept your nomination, you must follow these rules:
• Generate a post about the award.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
• Write a brief story about how your blog began.
• Provide two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers.
• Select 15 blogs to nominate.
• Comment on each nominee’s blog and provide a link to the post that you created about the award.
So, how did your blog begin?
A couple of years ago, I started seeing a lot of bloggers on different social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter etc. They were blogging about beauty, travel and their lifestyles and I suddenly thought what about books? Surely somebody out there must have a blog about books and that’s when I looked into book blogging and here I am today. I couldn’t believe how big the community for books online there is and I’m so happy to be able to be a part of it. I love reading everyone’s posts, sharing and discussing about one of the biggest passions in our lives, books.
1) Time – don’t feel pressured to write blog post after blog post. Do it in your own time. Quality over quantity. In the first year of blogging, I found I was really pushing myself to find different ideas to write about which I didn’t end up doing because I became so stressed and my work and social life became busy so I ended up forgetting about my blog for a while and coming back to it a few months later.
2) Be honest – learning to be honest and share your own opinion did take time for me as well, I felt as though I wanted to be able to please everybody but myself. I love reading everyone’s reviews whether I agree or disagree with their opinions and I have finally learnt to be honest and write how I really feel towards a book.
I really hope you enjoyed my blogging advice and can either relate or learn from it too!
My nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Kelly at Just Another Book In The Wall
- Danielle and Signy at Mousai Books
- Isla at A Whisper Of Ink
- Jasmine at How Useful It Is
- Satou at Inkish Kingdoms
- Ashley Rae at Thrifty Bibliophile
- Maggie at Dreaming Of Guatemala
- Nicole at The BookWorm Drinketh
- Rachel at Confessions Of A Book Geek
- Nina at The Cozy Pages
- Molly Jane at Fylyfrgellbach
- Charley at Books And Bakes1
- Evgnossia at Through The Chapters
- Jess at Mud And Stars
- Carly at Pretty Style Of Living
For those of you nominated, please don’t feel obliged to have to do this award especially if you don’t do them or if you have already done this one.
I hope you all are having a great week so far,
Speak to you soon,