Hi everyone! I was nominated a couple of weeks ago by the lovely Rachel over at Musings of a Coffee Addicted Bibliophile. Thank you for nominating me!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are “creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1 What was the worst book you ever read?
The worst book I’ve ever read was Crossed Stars by Christy Blow. I won this book via Goodreads Giveaway a couple of years ago. Click here to see my review about this book.
2 If you could meet any author or character who would it be?
This is a difficult question. I’ve decided I would love to meet Colleen Hoover. Although I’ve only read one of her books (so far) I would love to ask her lots and lots of questions about Ben and Fallon from November 9. I would love to know what happens to them in the future.
3 Have you ever learned something new from reading?
I’ve definitely added more than a few words to my vocabulary from reading.
4 What do you love most about blogging?
The blogging community. All of you guys are so lovely and supportive! I love sharing my content and reading everyone else’s blog posts.
5 What’s the story behind your blog name?
Honestly, I was drinking tea at the time when I was creating my blog and I put the two things I love in life: a cup of tea and books!
6 What distracts you most from reading?
My mum when she tries to talk to me when I’m reading. Besides that, hunger distracts me from reading and I won’t be able to carry on until my tummy is fulfilled.
7 Which book/series makes you happy?
There are so many books/series’ that make me happy, but I’ve decided to choose a fun, romantic, erotic contemporary series called Crazy Beautiful by Jessica Serra Huizenga. I love her writing so much and her books are filled with erotic, romantic scenes to hilarious laugh out loud moment scenes. If you’d like to check her out, click here for her Goodreads Author Profile.
Also, click here for the book review, I did a couple of years ago for the first book in the series Crazy, Beautiful.
8 What’s one of your favorite quotes?
I decided to choose one of my favourite book quotes, which is:
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
9 Is there a new hobby you hope to try sometime?
They are not new hobbies because I’ve done them before, but I’d really love to get back into Badminton, Hockey and Archery. I loved Badmjnton and Hockey when I was in Secondary school and used to go to the after school clubs for both of them too. I’m looking to play Badminton when I go to Center Parcs in May with my family as they have lots of different activities available and I know Badminton is one of them. My mum bought me Archery lessons when I turned 16 years old and I enjoyed it so much that I decided to join their club, but I believe after a few months I became detached from wanting to do this hobby and quit altogether.
10 What’s your favorite time of the year?
The end of the year is definitely my favourite, when the seasons go between Autumn to Winter. It’s the perfect weather to snuggle under a blanket with a delicious hot beverage. Plus, Halloween falls into the end of the year which is one of my favourite occasions.
11 If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
Now this question is pretty difficult and I’ve had to really think about this. I’ve concluded that the song would be: Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol. I have so many lovely people around me including my friends and family but I feel quite lonely in myself. So minus the other lyrics of the song and just focusing on the ‘dancing with myself’ part – that is why I have chosen this song to be played during the end credits of my life right now, because I feel like I’m dancing with myself. Woah. Deep moments on a Saturday afternoon.
The nominees I have chosen for this award are:
- Saanika at Heart of a Dreamer’s World
- Ayunda at Ayundabhuwana
- Dani at Touch My Spine Book Reviews
- Jasmine at How Useful It Is
- Larissa at Book Bosomed Blonde
- Bia and Cass at Band C Books
- Jenn at Bound to Writing
- Carrie at Carrie’s Book Reviews
- Laura at LF Books
- Kay at Hammock of Books
- Kelly at Just Another Book in the Wall
If you have already been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award, please don’t feel obliged to do it again if you don’t want to.
I really enjoyed answering these questions, I have taken some questions from the above mixed with my own:
- Who was your favourite author as a child?
- Which book/series makes you happy?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What’s your favourite genre of book?
- If you could meet any author or character who would it be?
- How many books are you hoping to read for 2018?
- Do you prefer to read on holiday out in the hot sun or inside on a cosy winters night?
- What was the worst book you ever read?
- Who would you rather be best friends with: Ron Weasley or Harry Potter?
- If you could only read one book again and again for the rest of your life, what book would you choose?
- If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
I look forward to reading your answers!